Tuesday 12 May 2009

Candle 15: Aroonsri Regianni Getz

Gia attended BBGS for a few short years while her father served his term as Thai Ambassador to Malaysia. That was enough to leave a mark on her heart and she recently contacted me to reach out to classmates who might still remember her. Here's Gia's story in her own words.

Full name: Aroonsri Regianni Getz (former Chaiyachatti)

What years were you at BBGS?
1986 - 1989

What are your fondest memories?
Participating in a school concert and teaching my classmates Thai traditional dance. We performed on stage during a BBGS school event.

What did you do when you left school?
I moved to Italy with my family and then attended a private boarding school in the UK.

Where are you and what are you doing now?
I'm living in New York and have been here for the past 7 years. I travelled and lived around the world before I came here.

What BBGS values are you passing on to the next generation?
Well I guess I can only speak for myself in my case.....umm being only non Malaysian in that class (well maybe even in that year?) was a great experience. I have made few good friends that I have just recently reconnected with on Facebook. It is amazing to have found them again after all these years - my first best friend from BBGS 1.Ika Farhana Helene( was Helene Tan) and 2. Chek Umi (gosh is her last name Hazaria?)

Who would you like to get in touch with and how can they reach you?
My classmates, of course! They can always reach me on Facebook (Aroonsri Regianni Getz)
or regianni@optonline.net

No comments: