Sunday 2 September 2007

You can take a Nerd out of BBGS but...



Contributed by Tan Lu Meng (Jaclyn)

I looked through my albums and found some very interesting old photos...forgotten I'd brought them back from KL quite a few months ago. My Alma Mater was Bukit Bintang Girls' School (BBGS)...translated as 'Star Hill'. My house colour was...PROUSE (Purple)!!! To the best of my recollection, those were my super 'nerdy and studious' days...(although I must confess I was more of a last-minute 'crammer' or 'mugger' or 'midnight oil-burner')...then again, there were comparatively many others still further up on the end of that scale! School days were fun, care-free (on non-exam months) and we were certainly quite nutty as Prefects...both IN and OUT of uniform??? Ahhhhhh!...it can be quite therapeutic to reminisce about old times...I wonder what happened to Oy Sim, Tomasina, Lum May Yee?...and I should really try to catch up more often with Chiew Ling, Siew Ling, Irene...as for Suet Yee and Amy...see you in heaven one day...Nisi Dominus Frustra...Without God all things are in vain...

1 comment:

Sasha Lyna said...

hey joanna,

its me, sasha. we corresponded through email a few times. cant help noticing the pics u put at ur blog and i think u myt know mu sisters, julianna latif and zarina latif.ju graduated in 1987 and zarina in 1993..ring a bell?

sasha