Wednesday 8 April 2009

Candle 12: Kelly Yong

I don't know about you girls, but I have a thing about dentists - I'm petrified of them! :-) It's hardly surprising then that my last dental visit was over 7 years ago. Today, I decided that I had put it off long enough and went to a clinic near my home in Damansara Perdana. To my surprise, I was greeted at the door by the dentist herself, Kelly Yong, who exclaimed " Aren't you Joanna Yeoh from BBGS? Come in! Come in!" That was the friendliest greeting I had ever heard from a dentist so I entered - happily.



Dr. Kelly Yong is from BBGS Class of 1989, and she completed her studies in Manipal and London before returning to Malaysia. She served in the government for five years, before starting her own practice four years ago. I must say it was the best dental visit I ever had. Not only was Kelly professional, she was friendly and genuinely concerned throughout the procedure. What I especially liked was that she talked me through the process and explained exactly what was going on. It was also funny when she remarked that she did not expect BB girls to have many dental problems because we are so disciplined and well-maintained, especially since we had a clinic nurse in primary school. I had forgotten that!

So if you need a friendly professional dentist who also happens to be a BBGSian, why don't you give Kelly a call at 03-77105828?

No comments: