Wednesday 7 April 2010

Sands of Time

I've been researching BBGS history for many years and would just like to clear the misconception that we're the oldest school in Malaysia. We're NOT. The chronological order for the founding of premier Malaysian schools is:

Penang Free School - 1815

St Xavier's Institution, Penang - 1825
(which my father attended)

Treacher Methodist Girls' School, Taiping - 1889
(which Miss Yeap Gaik Khoon and my grandmother attended!)

Bukit Bintang Girls' School, KL - 1893
(which my mother, my sister and I attended)

Victoria Institution, KL - 1893

Methodist Girls' School, KL - 1896

Methodist Boys' School, KL - 1897

Convent Bukit Nanas, KL - 1899

St John's Institution, KL - 1904


...but that still makes us the oldest girls' school in Selangor :-)

No comments: